St. Joseph Boating Accidents Lawyer
A beautiful day on Missouri waters can turn dark in seconds when a boating accident happens. When St. Joseph boating accidents occur, injuries are common. The injuries from your boating accident may range from minor to catastrophic, taking you out of work and leaving you with medical bills and property damage.
Patterson Legal Group provides quality representation for all of our personal injury case clients. Whether you were injured in a commercial boat, fishing boat, speedboat, houseboat, or your own private vessel, we may be able to help you seek compensation for your injuries.
For a free case evaluation and consultation with a St. Joseph boating accidents lawyer, call 816-920-0000, fill out this online form, or use our convenient LiveChat feature.
Watercraft Accidents Happen in St. Joseph, Missouri
You may think you can only seek compensation for extreme boating accidents. However, our boat accident attorneys in St. Joseph can help you after many different kinds of boating-related accidents, like:
- A passenger’s fall, either on the boat or overboard
- Hitting an object under the water
- Fully grounding the vessel
- Striking a propeller
- Colliding with another object above the water
- Waterskiing accidents
- Floods, and more
Boating accidents like these happen every year in St. Joseph, Missouri. In 2019 alone, there were 74 incidents that involved some kind of boat collision. 11 accidents involved water skiers, and 15 involved flooding. Most of these accidents caused injury or fatalities to drivers, passengers, and/or other people in the water.
Causes of St. Joseph Boating Accidents
When a boating accident is caused by another party, the victim may have a personal injury case on their hands. If your accident happened due to one of these common causes, a St. Joseph boating accidents lawyer at Patterson Legal Group may be able to help you seek compensation for injuries and other damages.
- Mechanical issues on your vessel may cause an accident. Mechanical issues may be the fault of the manufacturer of the defective product, the dealership where you bought your boat, or even the mechanic who recently serviced your vessel.
- Did you book a cruise on a boat charter, or rent a boat from a rental company? Did an accident occur on board? If there was insufficient or absent safety equipment on board, it may be the fault of the owners/operators of the boat or company.
- Inexperience of another boater may cause your accident, if that driver has not been properly trained and licensed to operate.
- A distracted boater may cause your injury. If a driver is looking away from the prow, or keeping an eye out for changing conditions on the water, any resulting accident may be their fault.
- Boating under the influence is also all too common in Missouri. In 2019, sixteen crashes were likely caused by impairment. These crashes caused four fatalities and six injury cases.
St. Joseph boating accidents can also be caused by excessive speed, broken navigation lights, sharp turns, lessened visibility, and more. Whatever the cause, if someone’s negligence or recklessness contributed, you may be able to win compensation for your injuries. We have won over $250 million in financial compensation for our clients. To get our 25 years of experience on your side, and for professional legal help 24/7, reach out to Patterson Legal Group today.
Common Boat Accident Related Injury
If you or a loved one were in a similar boating accident caused by another party, chances are you have suffered injuries. Some common boat accident related injuries are:
- Broken bones, cuts, and bruises
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) (either caused by blunt force to the head or from lack of oxygen)
- Lung damage
- Amputation from propellers
- Emotional trauma from the crash, and many more
Death is also common in boating accidents, due to the accidents’ proximity to water. In 2019, sixty-two drowning incidents occurred. When someone drowns, the victim’s family may be able to seek compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Get in Touch with Boat Accident Attorneys in St. Joseph
By hiring a boat accident attorney at Patterson Legal Group, you may be able to maximize your compensation. Reach out to us if your watercraft accident was not your fault, or if a settlement from your insurance company came in much too low.
At Patterson Legal Group, your satisfaction is our highest priority. Contact us 24/7 through our LiveChat feature, or fill out this online form. Or, call (816) 920-0000. You’ll receive a free consultation. The best news? There’s no out-of-pocket costs unless we win your case. So, don’t wait to contact our boat accident attorneys in St. Joseph today.