Why should you be responsible for the damage caused by a defective product, can a product liability attorney help?
Every day, people are injured, disfigured or even killed by products on the market with defects. The law holds sellers, manufacturers and distributors responsible for the damage their products cause to consumers as a result of an unreasonable risk. If you have been injured by a product, you may be able to recover under product liability law or under negligence. Patterson Legal Group, LC, our team of product liability attorneys, and our network of product experts have experience with product liability and negligence cases, and we can help you analyze the facts surrounding your injury. We will work hard on your behalf to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
RESOURCES AND EXPERIENCE GET RESULTS
Patterson Legal Group, LC conducts an investigation with every product liability case. Each product investigation starts in house and often branches out to include our network of experts including physicians, manufacturers, and engineers. We’ve spent years refining our case preparation techniques into an organized and efficient system we use with each client to ensure we deliver effective presentations on your behalf in negotiations, or in front of a judge or jury. Our track record of successful product liability results includes multi-million dollar jury verdicts and settlements.
To learn how our team of product liability attorneys might be able to help you, contact us online or call us at 888-687-2400. Our services in all product liability cases is contingency-based. We offer prospective clients a free initial consultation and we do not charge a fee unless we obtain compensation on your behalf. This allows our clients the chance to level the playing field by having access to experienced product liability lawyers and our network of experts with no upfront costs.
Are you not sure our firm is right for you? We encourage you to talk to other lawyers. We are confident you’ll see the difference when you talk with our team of experienced product liability attorneys who care about their clients and work hard on their behalf.
What is a Defective Product?
A product is defective if it causes an injury due to a design defect, a manufacturing defect, or faulty labeling. Product Liability cases are governed by the law referred to as ‘product liability.’ This area of law is designed to protect consumers and hold those responsible who put defective products on the market. Product Liability Law generally concerns three common defects:
- Design defects are present in the product from the very beginning, even before the product is manufactured. Products that are defectively designed are inherently unsafe and every similar product produced will be defective in the same manner. (Example: a company selling a 3-leg chair would likely be held responsible for damages for anyone falling.)
- Manufacturing defects are a result of a flaw or mistake in the manufacturing process. If a company is not careful during the production of their products, they may be held responsible for the damage their product causes. (Example: a consumer is injured from a piece of plastic found inside a bag of potato chips, the potato chip manufacturer may be held responsible.)
- Marketing defects include improper labeling, insufficient product instructions, or inadequate safety warnings. Manufacturers may be held responsible for injuries caused as a result of these defects.
How can I recover for my injuries caused by a product defect?
In order to hold a seller, distributor or manufacturer accountable for your injuries, three conditions must be present:
- The product was unreasonably dangerous;
- The defect caused the injury while the product was being used as intended; and
- The product had not been changed or altered in terms of operation from the way it was sold originally.
What limitations are there in product defect law?
- You must not have known about the defect before using the product – if you decided to use the product despite the known defect, it may limit your recovery;
- Each state has a different set of statute of limitations, which is the time in which you are allowed to bring your claim; and
- Products liability cases can be very time intensive, costly and detail intensive.
Contact our team of experienced product defect attorneys
Patterson Legal Group, LC works on a contingency fee basis, and our team of products liability lawyers do not charge a fee unless you collect. Our attorneys are experienced with handling cases against large manufacturers, sellers, and distributors. If you, or someone you love, have suffered because of a defective product, contact our lawyers for a free case evaluation. For more information on our product liability attorneys, click here.