Can I Sue for a Car and Bike Accident?

Have you been injured in an accident involving a car and a bike? Generally you can bring a claim or sue if you were involved in an accident that was caused by someone else.

Show Me The Insurance

The first question a lawyer will ask when evaluating a car and bike accident is “IS THERE INSURANCE AVAILABLE?” While it is possible to bring a claim or lawsuit against a person in an individual capacity, recovery of a judgment can be difficult. If the person who caused your accident has insurance coverage, you are more likely to get money for your injuries.

What Can I Sue For?

The purpose of filing a claim or a lawsuit is to receive compensation for your injuries. First, you may be able to recover damages for the medical bills you’ve incurred, and future medical bills. If your injury is severe in nature, you may be able to recover lost wages, or lost of future earning capacity. Out of pocket expenses are sometimes recoverable. You may also be entitled to money for your pain and suffering.

Several factors determine the value of a car and bike accident injury. For example, the value of your claim will depend on the nature or severity of your injury. Demonstrable injuries (e.g. broken bones, muscle tears) are often valued higher than soft tissue injuries (e.g. whiplash). People injured on bikes often suffer permanent scarring which is often overlooked by insurance companies. If you have permanent scarring as a result of a car and bike accident, you should be compensated accordingly.

The information on this blog is for informational purposes only. It is not meant to serve as legal advice for an individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship nor does viewing this material constitute an attorney-client relationship.