Here are some ways you can help those affected by the recent tornado in Oklahoma:
- Habitat for Humanity of Central Oklahoma You can donate online. They will do a call for volunteers later.
- Red Cross People can donate online here and designate for Oklahoma.
- Spring Storms 2013 or Disaster Relief. Text “redcross” to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Feed the Children: Donate online or make a $10 donation by texting the word “disaster” to 80888. They are also accepting donations including diapers, canned goods, non-perishable food, snack items, water and sport drinks.
- United Way of Central Oklahoma and OK Strong Disaster Relief Fund have joined to create a fund to help with the long-term medical, emotional and educational needs of the victims of the May 19 and 20 tornados. Donation can be made online.
- Salvation Army is organizing disaster response units and has sent mobile kitchens to Moore, South Oklahoma City and Little Axe. Donations in the amount of $10 will also be accepted if you text the word STORM to 80888.
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma is working with Oklahoma Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster to seek monetary donations. Donations are accepted online or to give $10 text the word FOOD to 32333.
- Convoy of Hope has a mission of getting food and water to those after disaster strikes and you can donate online.
- HopeMob is working with Convoy of Hope to use crowd sourcing to raise money to help the Moore disaster victims. 100% of the funds raised here will go to help tornado victims.