Injured? A St. Joseph Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a car accident, you are already aware how a car accident can have a serious effect on an accident victim and their entire family. Many who are seriously injured, find themselves permanently disabled and in need of a St. Joseph car accident lawyer. Our lawyers at Patterson Legal Group will work to evaluate your auto accident case and get the money you absolutely deserve.
How Will You Evaluate a Potential MO Claim?
The following are a few of the many factors we use to help you evaluate a potential car accident case:
- Were there damages to your car or personal items?
- Did you incur medical bills as a result of the car accident, and do you expect to have any future related medical bills?
- Have you lost wages, benefits, overtime or do you expect future loss of earnings?
- Have you experienced pain and suffering? Compensation for pain and suffering does not follow a precise formula.
- It takes years of experience to determine a fair amount, at this time the court or insurance company considers factors including: scarring, long-lasting symptoms and permanent disability.
Common Types of St. Joseph Car Accidents:
- Driver Error or Driver Negligence
- The most common cause of car accidents in St. Joseph is driver error, including: failure to yield, following too closely, driving at excessive speeds, drunk driving, and disregard of traffic signs. An experienced St. Joseph car accident lawyer will order your accident report and can help investigate if driver error or negligence is a factor in your case.
- Distractions to Vehicle Driver
- In the information age, driver distractions have grown as a cause of car accidents. Common distractions include: cell phone usage, driver attempts to read, puts on makeup, changes the radio station, and numerous other distractions inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Failure to Properly Service and Maintain a Car, Truck or Bus
- Another significant area of car accident cases in St. Joseph, often appearing in the commercial vehicle setting, involves failure to properly service and maintain vehicles. This failure is becoming more common everyday. Typically, improper maintenance is due to the failure of the owner or a service company to properly maintain and service a car,truck or bus.The result of this failure can be catastrophic. For example, the failing to properly lubricate bearings on a commercial vehicle (routine maintenance) can result in the entire wheel assembly disengaging from the vehicle while driving down a road.
- Road Defect or Negligent Design of the Roadway
- A special group of car accidents, roadway defects, considers the design of the roadway itself. A poorly designed roadway, construction setup or debris, means of controlling traffic can cause or contribute to a serious car accident. A St. Joseph car accident lawyer can help investigate if a roadway defect may be present in your case. Construction on Missouri roadways must follow certain requirements. An experienced St. Joseph car accident lawyer will know the laws of the road.
- Product Liability or Car Manufacturing Defect
- Car accident cases may also sometimes involve a unique class of litigation known as product liability. In car accident claims, these cases typically arise where a defect in a motor vehicle causes an accident and result in injuries. A design or defect may not be the actual cause of the accident, but it may worsen the injuries sustained by the vehicle occupants. (Example: SUV’s may be more likely to rollover in a car accident.) Other common cases of product liability include: failure of an airbag to deploy, seatbelt failure, or gas tank explosion.
Why Do I Need a St. Joseph Car Accident Lawyer for My Claim?
Insurance companies often try to make even the smallest St. Joseph car accident claims difficult. An insurance adjuster will work on your behalf, but they also represent the best interests of the insurance company. Insurance adjusters on behalf of their insurance company, which requires them to balance your interests with the interests of the insurance company. With a St. Joseph car accident lawyer, you have someone entirely on your side who is looking after your interests alone. We offer a free consultation if you have questions about whether or not you may have a claim and if representation will be helpful for you.
If you have sustained a severe injury, an lawyer may be critical to properly evaluate your claim and find experts to work on your behalf.